User Tools

Site Tools


expres:dave

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

expres:dave [2009/08/21 10:00] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +**11 June 2009**
  
 +  * PoS: sent list of names, e-mail addresses, affiliations to PoS for webpage
 +  * PoS: asked whether webpage can be changed/corrected if necessary
 +  * PoS: asked about the differences between SELF and HELP
 +  * PoS:read e-mail flurry forwarded by Kristine. Q: who will write proceedings? They are to be reviewed by the SOC
 +  * EXPReS09: e-mailed introduction to chairs
 +  * EXPReS09: suggested deadline of 1 August for proceedings (send to PoS on 21 August)
 +  * EXPReS09: suggested proceedings to be read by session chairs (but see above!)
 +  * EXPReS in the News/Media: added three items as suggested by Kristine
 +  * e-VLBI Tests: checked webpage and EVNtech mails. Q: results of last three e-VLBI tests not included?
 +
 +**12 June**
 +
 +  * JIVE information board: discussed with Femke Boekhorst (boekhorst@astron.nl). Aim to finish by end of month.
 +  * Hungarian documentary: contacted Hugo van Woerden regarding documentary on 22/23 June.
 +  * e-VLBI Tests: spoke to Zsolt about test of 19, 22 May and 10 June. Reports will be sent later.
 +  * expres09: drafted e-mail from chairs to participants regarding proceedings.
 +
 +**15 June**
 +
 +  * expres09: finalised draft for participants, including templates for proceedings.
 +
 +**16 June**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin stuff: correspondence with office
 +  * PoS: tested website
 +  * PoS: adjusted website; sent to Huib
 +  * JIVE Biennial report 2007-2008: reading report...
 +  * JIVE information boardstart on first draft...
 +  * e-VLBI Tests: received reports from last three updates from Zsolt
 +
 +**17 June**
 +
 +  * Website updates: N.B. not possible to log on to web server from outside (according to Bob Campbell)!
 +  * JIVE information boardsent first draft to Huib
 +
 +**18 June**
 +
 +  * Website updates: updated site for e-VLBI tests
 +  * Website updates: corrected broken links in news/archive
 +
 +**19 June**
 +
 +  * JIVE information board: discussed with Huib
 +  * Website updates: discussed with Aukelien
 +  * PoS: sent updated list (with posters and additional) to PoS office
 +  * ASTRON annual report: read relevant parts and sent comments to Femke et al. over the weekend
 +
 +**22 June**
 +
 +  * JIVE information board: discussed pictures with Paul (by e-mail) and Femke; admin...
 +  * JIVE information board: updated design, incorporating Huib's comments
 +  * PoS: checked web page; not according to plan; contacted PoS office
 +  * PoS: conference website on PoS updated by PoS office: OK!
 +  * Website updates: discussed design and Drupal implementation with Aukelien
 +  * Website updates: started copying expres-eu.org to Drupal (Home, Activities, Contact Us, Objectives, Participants, Potential Impact pretty much finished)
 +
 +**23 June**
 +
 +  * Website updates: read Drupal manual; played around...
 +  * Website updates: continued copying expres-eu.org to Drupal (News & Press Releases)
 +  * Website updates: contacted helpdesk regarding problems with Drupal (file structure) and Mozilla Firefox (opening PDF files)
 +  * Website updates: updated EXPReS homepages to incorporate live videocast of e-VLBI workshop in Madrid
 +
 +**24 June**
 +
 +  * expres09: installed and checked out EVO ("The Collaboration Network")
 +  * JIVE information board: sent updated version to Huib; awaiting new pictures from Paul Boven (next week?)
 +  * Website updates: updating new EXPReS website: News & Press Releases, Papers & Presentations...
 +
 +**25 June**
 +
 +  * Website updates: worked on EXPReS IYA site
 +
 +**29 June**
 +
 +  * PoS: sent invitation to submit to conference participants (not all received!)
 +
 +**30 June**
 +
 +  * PoS: sent invitation to submit to participants who were missed in first round
 +  * Website updates: worked on EXPReS IYA site
 +
 +**1 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: sent message to conference participants regarding updated template
 +  * Website: set up tunnel connection from Leiden to JIVE web server
 +  * Website: updated home pages of www.expres-eu.org and newsite.expres-eu.org
 +  * Website: worked on EXPReS IYA site
 +
 +**2+3 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin...
 +  * PoS: added info to conference site
 +  * Website: worked on EXPReS IYA site
 +  * Website: discussed with Huib van Langevelde en Harro Verkouter
 +  * JIVE information board: discussed with Huib van Langevelde and Paul Boven Paul Boven
 +  * JIVE information board: create new map with Paul
 +  * JIVE information board: contacted Andreas Brunthaler re copyright
 +
 +**7 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin: e-mail to SOC; template to participant
 +  * Website: worked on EXPReS site; started uploading documents; contacted Kees Kodde (c.kodde@qrios.nl)
 +
 +**8 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin: e-mailed Chris Phillips
 +  * Website: tried desperately to get Harro's functionality in Drupal; turns out Drupal removes tags such as <html> and <head>!
 +  * Website: updated IYA page (telescopes) in Drupal with simple HTML
 +
 +**9 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin: distribute proceedings over SOC-S and SOC-T, respectively. Chatted with Charles. Contacted Cristiana of PoS. First contribution sent to refs.
 +  * Website: e-mails from Kees Kodde. Contacted Kees (c.kodde@qrios.nl) re xhtml etc. Leave IYA website for now. 
 +  * e-VLBI Tests: spoke to Zsolt about test of 3 July. Report will follow later.
 +  * Information board: Paul will update map with telescopes today or tomorrow.
 +
 +**10 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin: added Tingay to list of refs; removed Venturi from list of contributors
 +  * Website: EXPReS: discussed with Aukelien and Charles: simply copy current EXPReS site, note problems, locate who does what later. Finalising: checking and adding/correcting last links...
 +  * Website: JIVE: discussed structure and pages with Aukelien, Paul, and BoB Campbell
 +  * Information board: worked on map with Paul; sent version to Arpad for comments
 +
 +**13 July**
 +
 +  * Information board: received final map from Paul and comments from Arpad; contacted Studio Ruigrok to confirm order
 +  * Checked access possibilities JIVE intranet from outside: accessible with JIVE login/password
 +  * Website: EVN: updated meetings page
 +  * Website: EXPReS: finalising (moving images to newsite.expres-eu.org)
 +
 +**14 July**
 +
 +  * Website: EXPReS: finished moving presentations etc. to newsite.expres-eu.org (finally!). See [[expres:outreach:website]] for details
 +  * Website: wiki: added EVN-TOG meeting to EXPReS wiki
 +  * PoS: created simplest possible cover for hardcopy of proceedings
 +
 +**15 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin (e-mailed Hayden Rampadarath; problems with web form; e-mailed Cristiana @ PoS; reminder e-mail sent to participants; looked into hard copy/front matter)
 +  * JIVE information board: updated with comments of Arpad and sent to Studio Ruigrok for proof. Note: Friso Olnon on holiday this week.
 +  * Website: EXPReS: contacted Kees Kodde (phone: 033-7501373). See [[expres:outreach:website]] for update.
 +
 +**16 July**
 +
 +  * JIVE information board: contacted Studio Ruigrok (phone: 0528-361672). E-mail with information on files received.
 +  * PoS: admin (added Alexandre Salnikov, replacement of Ilya Bezrukov, as participant)
 +  * Website: EXPReS: added available EXPReS09 presentations to newsite.expres-eu.org, **not** to "old" site. Q: should all presentations be listed?
 +  * Website: EXPReS: added News feed. Still needs to be filled.
 +  * Website: EXPReS: contacted Kees regarding 404 error page and search engine.
 +
 +**28 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin (sent contributions 002, 022, 033, 034, 038 to referees).
 +  * Website: EXPReS: adjusted 404 error page.
 +  * Website: EXPReS: added available EXPReS09 presentations to newsite.expres-eu.org (to be finished)
 +
 +**29 July**
 +
 +  * Website: EXPReS: added available EXPReS09 presentations to newsite.expres-eu.org (finished)
 +  * PoS: admin (sent contributions 024, 050 to referees + general admin)
 +  * Website: EXPReS: filled news feed on newsite.expres-eu.org (to be finished)
 +
 +**30 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: Started a wiki with "things to remember" for proceedings: [[proceedings]] + general admin + sent 018 to referees
 +  * JIVE information board: Contacted Studio Ruigrok (0528-361672): draft expected sometime next week
 +  * Website: EXPReS: contacted Kees Kodde re number of news items on homepage
 +  * Website: JIVE: contacted Kees Kodde re status new website (can start filling next week) + talked to Yvonne Kool & Leonid Gurvits re pages in current website + filled news feed on newsite.expres-eu.org
 +
 +**31 July**
 +
 +  * PoS: general admin + sent 012, 083 to referees + sent 018 back to author + finished cover for hard copy (sent to Charles & Paco)
 +  * Website: JIVE: contacted Huib van Langevelde & Bauke Kramer re pages in current website
 +
 +**4 August**
 +
 +  * PoS: lots of admin: contacted referees, speakers, and PoS; sent reminder for contributions (extended deadline: 14 August). First paper accepted!
 +  * Website: EXPReS: finished. Sent e-mail to Huib, Charles, Kristine, and Yvonne: when will transfer take place?
 +  * Website: JIVE: basis in place; can start filling
 +  * JIVE information board: received proof & forwarded to Huib. To be discussed on Thursday or Friday
 +
 +**5 August**
 +
 +  * Pos: lots of admin: contacted referees, speakers, and PoS. At l(e)ast we're making progress!
 +  * Website: EXPReS: tried to open newsite.expres-eu.org on several computers. No problems.
 +  * Website: JIVE: setting up main menu structure
 +
 +**6 August**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin; sent progress to Charles and Kristine
 +  * Website: EXPReS: discussed with Charles; contacted Kees re link check & favicon
 +  * Website: JIVE: discussed with Bauke; contacted Kees re rights/permissions
 +  * JIVE information board: discussed proof with Paul; adjusted file. N.B. Huib temporarily unavailable.
 +
 +**7 August**
 +
 +  * Pos: admin; updated things to remember on [[expres:proceedings]]
 +  * Website: EXPReS: updated status and rationale of site on [[expres:outreach:website]]
 +  * Website: JIVE: discussed with Bauke; contacted Kees re rights/permissions; updated status and rationale on [[expres:outreach:website]]; edited text
 +  * JIVE information board: took new pictures with Paul
 +
 +**10 August**
 +
 +  * PoS: lots of admin...
 +  * JIVE information board: pictures EPB_3483.jpg, EPB_3504.jpg, and EPB_3501.jpg on http://192.42.120.66/~boven/plaatjes-2009-08-07 seem fine, though EPB_3501.jpg should be cropped around the correlator board. Submit comments to Ruigrok on 13 August (require .tif logo generated with Photoshop)
 +  * Website: EXPReS: lots of admin: redirected links etc.
 +  * Website: JIVE: lay-out/collaborator logos gone? Check on 13 August (paper version of lay-out required)
 +
 +**14 August**
 +
 +  * PoS: admin...
 +  * Website: EXPReS: admin: last few missing links
 +
 +**20 August**
 +
 +  * JIVE information board: sent comments back to Ruigrok, CC Aukelien; contacted Femke Boekhorst re ASTRON information boards: she expects them to finalise those shortly
 +  * PoS: contacted John Conway & Ralph Spencer re closing of proceedings; lots of admin
 +  * Website: JIVE: Harro Verkouter not in today: check tomorrow; Mike Sipior says dynamic pages in Wiki may be possible, but cumbersome
 +  * Websites: JIVE & EXPReS: contacted Kees regarding PHP, access to headers etc., log. See [[expres:outreach:website]] for details
 +
 +**21 August**
 +
 +  * JIVE information board: receipt confirmation received from Ruigrok
 +  * PoS: admin...
 +  * Websites: EXPReS: updated pages on e-VLBI tests. Next test is scheduled for next Thursday, 27 August 2009
 +
 +TO DO:
 +
 +**12 June** ask Zsolt about the last three e-VLBI tests (DONE)
 +
 +**12 June** discuss proceedings with Charles. The SOC is responsible for reviewing the articles. (DONE)
 +
 +**12 June** fiddle with PoS website. (DONE)
 +
 +**12 June** discuss JIVE information board with Huib. (DONE)
 +
 +**15 June** send first e-mail to conference attendants regarding proceedings. (Finalised draft. Sent by John)
 +
 +**17 June** send draft JIVE information board to Huib. (DONE.)
 +
 +**19 June** check PoS website with Charles: add all participants? (DONE.)
 +
 +**19 June** discuss JIVE information board with Huib (DONE.)
 +
 +**29 June** send e-mail to Workshop participants for proceedings (DONE.)
 +
 +**9 July** contact Kees Kodde: 1) check status jive.nl, evlbi.org, etc. 2) check possibilities xhtml, scripting, etc. (DONE.)
 +
 +**13 July** contact Paco regarding PowerPoint presentations of EXPReS09 for EXPReS website (DONE.)
 +
 +**13 July** look into cover page hardcopy EXPReS09 meeting (DONE.)
 +
 +**15 July** send reminder e-mail to Workshop participants for proceedings. Include gentle reminder to add co-authors and regarding bibliography (DONE.)
 +
 +**15 July** incorporate comments Arpad regarding information board (DONE); send to Friso for read-through (Friso on holiday); send information board to Studio Ruigrok for proof (DONE)
 +
 +**15 July** improve on cover page hardcopy EXPReS09 meeting; look into front matter and back matter (DONE)
 +
 +**16 July** discuss hardcopy EXPReS09 meeting with Charles (DONE)
 +
 +**16 July** include News stream on EXPReS website (DONE)
 +
 +**16 July** include EXPReS09 presentations (those available) in http://newsite.expres-eu.org/e-vlbi-papers-and-presentations (DONE)
 +
 +**16 July** contact Studio Ruigrok to confirm reception e-mail/files for JIVE information board (DONE)
 +
 +**28 July** add a link to the OAN website and local copies of EXPReS09 presentations to newsite.expres-eu.org (DONE)
 +
 +**29 July** fill EXPReS news feed (DONE)
 +
 +**30 July** finalise "printer-ready" version of cover for hard copy of PoS proceedings (DONE)
 +
 +**30 July** inventory JIVE website (discuss with Yvonne Kool & Leonid Gurvits) (DONE)
 +
 +**31 July** inventory JIVE website (discuss with Huib van Langevelde & Bauke Kramer) (DONE)
 +
 +**4 August** start harassing people who didn't send in their proceedings yet (DONE)
 +
 +**6 August** inventory JIVE website (discuss with Arpad Szomoru) (DONE)
 +
 +**20 August** respond to Ruigrok about proof JIVE information board (DONE)
 +
 +**20 August** inventory JIVE website (discuss with Mike Sipior) (DONE)
 +
 +**21 August** inventory JIVE website (discuss with Aukelien van den Poll, Harro Verkouter, & Friso Olnon)
expres/dave.txt ยท Last modified: 2009/08/21 10:00 (external edit)